Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Thriving

I am amazed to see people losing it on videos, even for a woman who claimed to wear a $40,000 watch. I understand people who have to take the risk to work or can't pay for food and rent/mortgage. I have little sympathy for others who cannot adapt and face reality.

As for ourselves, we are actually thriving given the circumstances. We went virtual because the whole market is suddenly bigger by a lot; everybody knows how to zoom. The income per client is less but there are more of them. So we are holding up for now but things can change in a moment's notice. I can actually earn more money if I choose to because my job eventually supports the essential works that cannot close.

Mrs Player sits in front of the computer more than me. My kids have much more fun playing video games together in competition than alone. The active one run loops inside the house. Nobody ever complains about a single word of having to stay at home. 

It's so much better without having to go to school. Last summer, my kid opted for an elite summer course and got an A under my supervision. She went on to become a straight-A student since. We can make a killing if everybody has to do online courses.

As for me, it's my world and probably better. I'm doing the same things. I have more time to binge-watch. I can justify buying everything from home. I gave up on Fresh a couple of years ago because Mrs Player complained that it was too expensive. Now it's not so bad in comparison and every extra cent is justified. I even order heavy stuff from Amazon like rice and raw wood pieces for projects. Nothing is too expensive if they can deliver and safer than the shops where Lowes still needs to you sign on a piece of paper.

Nobody will bother to look for me and I have plenty of excuses and alternatives if I don't want to go out.

Even pandemic sex isn't too bad. There are actually a whole lot more choices when I have to give up kissing or anything that I cannot keep my mask on. And I don't book without a morning erection, which guarantees horniness and satisfaction. And I don't need to try to be VIP. Do it quickly, do it cheaply, and run fast.

Our supply chain is designed for this. Our cleaning supplies are pure in bulk. One bottle of body wash ingredients makes 20 bottles. I rarely have to buy anything. I finally perfected using washing soda to clean and disinfect everything, dishes and clothes, pots and pans, without the undesirable effects. You can buy it in bulk to be cheaper than in Walmart.

Before it's impossible to get online, I get an extra pack of TP's and alcohol with my normal orders. I also took an extra pack when we came across them in unusual places, like corner dollar stores. So we never have any shortage of anything.

It will be perfect when my high power UVC fluorescent lamp driver arrives and the water ozonating machine. I've been waiting for months for them. They are the ultimate time savers. Imagine that you have $200 worth of grocery on your doorstep and you have to disinfect them. I know how somebody cannot deal with this sort of things and take the easy way out because the risk is low. 

But it's not a problem for me. How difficult it is to put things aside and wait a few days for any possible virus to become non-functional? I know it's a problem for Mrs Player but not me. I just need some places to hide it or block it from access.

For things that can be washed, I spray it with soap and rinse. For things that can get wet a bit, I spray with dilute hydrogen peroxide until dripping. I often do both. How hard can it be?

The pair is the ultimate tool with virtually no running cost, just electricity which is a lot less than boiling water. There is an unlimited supply of them for wet and dry things.

I didn't order them earlier because of the needed precautions. How can I know that they are the real thing and how do I determine the dose? These aren't problems anymore as times go by.  I'm not going to disinfect masks with UVC, except perhaps a quick pass on the surface. Viruses will "die" given enough time. We have enough disposable and reusable masks to be kept aside for a few days each. I'll run the ozone machine outside the house and use a non-leaking spray bottle or squeeze bottle inside. 

I already have iodide to test the ozonated water. Petri dish, yeast and the materials to test for UVC effectiveness, and ozonated water too.

It will be the day when I can disinfect shoes' under side with UVC for a long as I care to leave them in a locked room. And I can spray ozonated water on carpets, shoe tops, countertops, and anything else where hydrogen peroxide doesn't do visible damage. Half of it will turn into water in 15 minutes, the remaining half will become a quarter of water after the same time period, and so on. Cheaper, safer, and better than peroxide.

No comments: