Saturday, May 30, 2020

Songs are forever

Actors grow old. You may watch something multiple times to get all the plots but less likely to watch the rerun. It's not usually about you. But songs can be, because they are abstract and adaptable.

With so much life experience behind me, LOL, lyrics can easily hit me one way or the other.

"Even if I own the world I want to hear from you." That's Chanel, the original. Indeed I wrote a very short story about the end of the world when I wanted to see her one more time. She wonders why but wanted to get any money out of me for the end-of-the-world sale.

"Who is worth me staying my whole life?" That's the big question of life. Everybody is dealing with it their own way. Some go through the marry-divorce cycle many times. Some pay for it ...

"Who made me believe lovers' words?" Oh, the wonderful memories.

The Asian way of doing it, one episode every day for 100 days, is effective indoctrination with an hour of visuals, songs, and most importantly, advertisements.

No comments: