Thursday, September 26, 2019

Slow dance

It all started when I was trying to pick some songs for slow dances with Julia! In her own home. Her apartment is really cute in the evenings. And I got the idea when she told me she likes to cook when she was on top of me after sex.

It wasn't easy as she was very much into music, carrying her boom box with her to hotels! And her taste is very alternative. I have to show good taste and try to convert her. I don't enjoy her music at all.

Worst of all, it has to be good enough to get both of us into the mood, yet there must not be tacky words like love. How difficult is that?

Soon I found out that I'm into rock ballads but many are not suitable for slow dances. Then I came across this band that I never heard of but the song is nice. I wasn't going to pick this little known song by a little known band when there are many legendary works to choose from. But the song grew on me each time I heard it and it became perfect.

Little did I know it was basically the one-time comeback album of Journey. Of course, I love Faithfully but I can't include that or it sounds like a wedding dance.

Sadly, I had one chance to get it done but I thought it was too soon to bring up the slow dances. The next thing I knew Julia dumped me. This became our song and I can never see her again. So sad.
(ps music last forever but music videos are always outdated)


No comments: