Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Break

Are you kidding me? Just when I am having lots of fund, meeting all the right girls, and having all the money I have to spend, I have to take a break!

I think when Margaret came back after a long break and started kissing me, I sold some stocks, even at a good price. I saw her as much as I could and being introduced to Lincy as well. And I am not giving up on any of them. Not yet.

You have to go through all the cycles that your parents went through to understand them thoroughly. Our family was like living at the edge of the city, in a neglected but peaceful residential area. Dad was doing business in downtown. There's nothing much there but it was spacious and plenty of empty neglected space sto run around with other kids. Somehow we felt we were different and didn't ended up like them.

There were those late night parent talks, when the kids were supposed to be sound asleep. Then mom was doing some craft to help out. We did too. You can say it's like the ancient version of making pocelain hands for little babies at home. Nothing of the sort but you can imagine.

It could be years between late night talks and I couldn't have remembered. Then the whole family were moved into a tiny downtown apartment. Now we know Dad sold everything and brought the business himself, putting all his money in the mortgage.

I can understand him when Dad jumped out of the crowd and made sure that the fire engine got to the right spot. The fire was very close to his business. Luckily it was only a small house fire.

It wasn't until after high school that we moved out. We grew up in a tiny downtown apartment, but had fond memories of the childhood neglected neighborhood. We then moved to a normal new apartment in a respectable residential area that you can bring friends home. Actually it became the club house because we all grew up and there was no supervision. Dad was still doing business downtown.

When he retired, he brought another apartment and a nice big house in a posh neighborhood. It was like he owned 3 houses in any middle class neighborhood in the world, mostly paid off.

My life is pretty good until I married a psychopath who couldn't think like others. It's still good but it could be a lot better.

Now is our turn to do some late night parental talks when the kids are asleep. We have been through worse and we came back. It's early days and we will keep our fingers crossed.

I feel so sad when the parents overdosed and one of them will never wake up. One of the kid's worry is finding someone to sign his homework for him. I have no such tendency but I always felt so guilty when I told my oldest kid I had everything going in my head and I couldn't help, when she told me that she had exhausted the class library, forcefully told me to get some books so she could keep her excellent grade! I still feel so guilty!

I can understand the celebrities that I also wrote about - why they drop like flies. Without your future DNA to anchor yourself to the real world, what is there to live after lived a full life?

I have another confession to make. When we settled down and became good at handling babies, what did I do? My baby liked cars. She would fall asleep in any moving car. If she waked up in a parked car, she would just look around briefly and continued to sleep, sleeping like a baby. Often we left her in the cosy car seat in the drive way to continue her sleep instead of taking her into the house.

When nature called, I booked half an hour, drove to a luxury gated apartment complex. I parked right outside the apartment building I was supposed to go, right under a big fig tree. I made sure everything was cozy in the car and I left her sleeping. I went in and out in less than fifteen!

It was a slow Sunday. The girl in this shift obviously wasn't the best. I could see her eyes momentarily glancing out of the window into the distance, thinking "at this rate, how can I get out of this life?" Since I was getting out right away, I always leave good tip to thank her for her service. Happyness is contigeous. Or maybe I would feel less guilty?

I may still see Margaret and perhaps Lincy too. Not that I prefer Margaret but that is their schedule. Or maybe both. But my worry is that I wouldn't be in the mood when I got there. But my purpose is to say proper goodbye. So when I come back they wouldn't think I abandoned them for other hot girls.

If I manage to say goodbhye, it could be only for a few weeks, a few months, or hopefully less than a year. I would tell them two months. It sounds right!


ps That city where I parked, and the cluster around it, took turns to claim the safest city in the country. And they still do. Only now, when my babies all grown up at high school, the sheriff has begun to beg people to lock their cars at night! Crime rate is way up! That's the very easy way to do to keep the crime rate down!




No comments: